CAIRO, April 3 (MENA) - Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli said on Thursday the state made extensive efforts to develop unsafe areas, spending billions of pounds to provide urban-planned residential areas for their residents.

These efforts will be completed by the development of unplanned areas to help improve the living conditions of their inhabitants, the premier said.

Madbouli made the remarks during a meeting with Housing Minister Sherif el Sherbini, Giza Governor Adel el Nagar and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Urban Development Fund Khaled Seddik.

During the meeting, Sherbini reviewed workflow of Imbaba Airport development project, including efforts to upgrade a number of residential buildings in the area.

He also expounded measures taken so far to upgrade "Giza Park" in a way that will provide a civilized park for the area's residents.

Madbouli gave directives of speeding up the upgrade of the Giza Park and selecting the most qualified cadres to run it.

He also directed preparing detailed plans for the proposed areas to undergo development in order to start compensating their residents and provide them with alternative housing. (MENA)
S R E